Volunteer opportunities abound at ACTS Domestic Violence Services.
In accordance with domestic violence program state accreditation standards, volunteers who work directly with clients must complete an intake with the ACTS Domestic Violence Services Director or Community Educator in addition to 32 hours of accredited domestic violence training. This training is provided by ACTS free of charge except for a one-time $50 fee to cover the cost of training materials.
Volunteers may be trained and mentored to assist with or provide many services that staff members perform. Here are some examples:
- Facilitation of Adult Victim Groups, both English and Spanish;
- Facilitation of Children's Groups;
- Assistance with Court Advocacy and Accompaniment;
- Lawn maintenance at the Safe House;
- Meal preparation for Safe House residents;
- Assistance with the Behavioral Intervention Program;
- Office Administration;
- Public Awareness and Education;
- Assistance with staff and volunteer training.
If you are interested in volunteering then first complete and return our Application Form and indicate you are interested in working with ACTS Domestic Violence Services, or you may call the Director, Dotty Larson, at (703) 221-4460.