Our amazing volunteers help us live our mission.
We could not affect change in the ways that we do without our dedicated volunteers. Join us…and be the positive change you want to see in the world! We want to build upon your talents and your selflessly given time to support the important work we do in the community to assist the poor, homeless, and victims of personal violence. Last year, over 2,400 volunteers donated almost 32,000 hours of their time to ACTS
Personality traits that we look for in all volunteers: compassion, honesty, the desire to make a different, and a positive, can-do attitude!
There is an ongoing need for Volunteers in the following areas:
- Adopt-A-Day Program– Volunteers provide premade breakfast, lunch or dinner and after-school snacks for children staying at the Beverly Warren Shelter.
- Administration– Volunteers assist our offices with general administrative tasks.
- Domestic Violence Services– Volunteers are provided training to assist with support groups or work in our children’s program.
- Food Pantry– Volunteers sort and package items for families or pick up donations from local grocers.
- Helpline- Volunteers are provided training to answer calls for our 24/7 helplines.
- Sexual Assault Services- Volunteers are provided training to help with support groups or provide crisis support for victims at the hospital.
- Thrift Store Sorter - work in our warehouse to open our bags of donations.
- Thrift Store Retail Assistant - processes, sort and stock donations to the thrift store and performs sale floor duties as assigned.