ACTS Utility Assistance Policies
Clients are eligible for assistance with one bill up to two times per year, depending on funding availability, and must have a disconnection notice.
To make an appointment, please read the following and check the box at the bottom of the page.
How ACTS Can Help
ACTS provides financial assistance to households with accounts from one of the following utility companies: Prince William County Service Authority (PWCSA), Virginia American Water (VAWC), Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC), Dominion Virginia Power (DVP), Columbia Gas (CG)., City of Manassas Ultilities or City of Manassas Park Utilities. We also assist our unsheltered residents with propane.
- For assistance with NOVEC, PWCSA, VAWC and CG, households must reside in Prince William County.
- For assistance with Dominion Virginia Power, households must reside in the eastern part of Prince William County (zip codes 22191, 22192, 22193, 22025, 22026, 22172, 22134).
- ACTS does not assist with initial deposit payments, fees for unauthorized usage/tampering, returned check/insufficient funds fees or closed accounts.
- Households must have an appointment with an ACTS case manager, which may be scheduled through ACTS website (actspwc.org). If households do not have access to the internet or need assistance booking an appointment online, they can call 703-221-3186 and leave a message. Calls are returned within 24 hours.
- Households must provide required information (as detailed on the website) at every appointment. The required information is also listed on the appointment email confirmation and in the appointment reminder email.
- Households more than 15 minutes late for an appointment without notification will need to schedule a new appointment. Households who fail to show for two scheduled appointments without prior notice and approval, will be ineligible for assistance until four months from their last "No Show" appointment.
- After the first instance of emergency utility assistance and every time thereafter, households will be required to pay a percentage towards toward their utility bill.
- For the second assist, ACTS will help with 85% of allowable amount.
- For the third assist and all those thereafter, ACTS will help with 75% of the allowable amount depending on the funding source.
- Households are eligible to receive emergency utility assistance once every four months.