Emergency Assistance Programs
Please check your eligibility and that you meet these requirements:
- Are you a Prince William Area resident?
- Do you have a disconnection notice?
- Do you have an eviction or foreclosure notice?
- Do you have 30 uninterrupted minutes available for a phone or in-person interview?
Please note: Requesting an appointment does not ensure that you will receive full or partial payment assistance.
By participating in the Emergency Assistance program, you understand that your personal information may be shared within ACTS or other agencies in regards to your assistance needs.
Utility Assistance Program
ACTS offers utility assistance throughout Prince William County to customers of the following utilities:
- Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC)
- Prince William County Service Authority (PWCSA)
- Columbia Gas
- Virginia American Water (VAWC)
- City of Manassas Utilities
- City of Manassas Park Utilities
For Dominion customers ACTS offers EnergyShare program throughout Prince William County. EnergyShare is a year-round assistance program (heating and cooling) that helps customers with energy bill payment during the following periods:
- Heating Season—October 1st-May 31st
- Cooling Season—June 1st - September 30th
EnergyShare provides assistance to customers either through Bil Payment Assistance or Weatherization.
Thrift Store vouchers
Those who are experiencing loss of possessions due to flood, fire, or bed bug infestation, may able to receive a Thrift Store voucher for free clothes from our thrift store. Those experiencing loss due to flood, fire, or bed bugs must provide documentation of loss. For assistance with thrift store vouchers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Emergency Assistance Program
The Emergency Assistance Program was established to assist families and individuals in crisis with an immediate emergency, particularly when facing the disconnection of their power or water. Our assistance is designed to be a temporary measure only. Case managers work with each client to connect them with resources that can provide more permanent help. The financial assistance has been possible through the generosity of our community partners including our Faith Based partners, Dominion, NOVEC, Quickies, American Water, Columbia Gas, Salvation Army and Francis House