Welcome all ACTS employees, volunteers and prospects to the Volunteer Program Blog! My name is Tamika Martin, I am the Volunteer Coordinator. My job is volunteer: engagement, recruitment, placement, development, recognition and retention. This blog will feature: ACTS at events and volunteer days, recognition of excellent service from current volunteers by staff and information about programs that have immediate needs or are season specific (like Operation Turkey).
With the year winding down and the weather cooling; we know the holidays are right around the corner. This is the time where collectively we think outside ourselves and give to those around us. ACTS can be a great vehicle for you and you loved ones to make a difference in the community. Here are some of programs available for single or ongoing terms:
- Adopt-A-Day Program - Provide breakfast, lunch or dinner and after-school snacks for children staying at the Beverly Warren shelter.
- Administration - For those who seek ongoing service, the offices always need help with general administrative tasks
- Helpline - After a comprehensive training, you will be well equipped to answer calls for our helpline
- Sexual Assault Services - Get trained to provide crisis support for victims at the hospital or our support groups
- Domestic Violence Services - Receive training to aid with our support groups or working in our children’s program
- Thrift Store - There is always a need of sorters for new donations and restocking our shelves
- Food Pantry - Here you have the option to package items for families or pick up donations from local grocery stores
Core training for the Helpline, Sexual Assault Services and Domestic Violence Services is a single $50 fee and begins on December 2, 2017.