June marked the close of ACTS' 2016 Fiscal Year, and the organization celebrated its financial accomplishments by holding a Staff Appreciation BBQ at Weems-Botts Museum in Dumfries. The event was catered by Shaun's Smokehouse BBQ, and ACTS' staff had the opportunity to mingle with each other as well as the board of directors while enjoying some fun in the sun. This could not have been accomplished without the support of our donors, and for that, we are truly grateful.
Here are some more of the highlights ACTS was able to accomplish during FY16:
- Restructured the entire organization - moving from many individual programs to two complimentary divisions sharing resources and ideas
- Opened its Women's Empowerment Center in Triangle
- Held a Grand Re-opening of the Thrift Store which included a new parking lot, paint job, children's corner, boutique, processing system and management, as well as simplified pricing and added Sunday hours
- Added diabetic-safe and heart-healthy choices to our Food Pantry and eliminated nearly all food wastes through collaboration with other food pantries and a local farm
- Leased space in Manassas for a full satellite office, which will improve access to our services, especially Cris and Trauma Services, to the Western half of the county
- Re-branded ourselves with a fresh new logo