Utility Assistance

If you live in eastern Prince William County (zip codes 22191, 22192, 22193, 22025, 22026, 22172, 22134), or you have City of Manassas Utility or City of Manassas Park Utility, we may be able to help you avoid having your utilities cut off.  Depending upon available funding, ACTS can often help if you have received a disconnect notice for your electric, gas, water or sewer services. Since this is truly emergency assistance, we can only assist if you are currently in disconnect status, and we do not provide assistance for phone bills or gasoline vouchers.

20 min.
  •  Available
  •  Partially Available
  •  Fully Occupied
  •  Selected
  •  Closed

Emergency Assistance Appointments Instructions

Getting Assistance

APPOINTMENTS are required for all types of Financial Assistance and you will need to bring:


ID Required

Photo I.D (required at each visit)

Proof of Address

Lease/Mortgage papers, piece of mail postmarked in the last 30 days etc. (required at initial visit and any time you move)

Proof of Income

Pay stubs or benefit/award letters or current bank statement etc. (required at each financial assistance visit)

Household Verification

We request ONE of the following items for each person residing in the home: Birth Certificate or Social Security Card for persons under 18 years OR a piece of mail with the person’s name on it postmarked within the last 30 days for persons over 18 (*"residing in the home” means: anyone physically living on the property even if they are not a member of your immediate family).

If you do not come to your appointment with the required documentation, we will not be able to help you and you will need to make a new appointment.