The ACTS food pantry gives away over 50,000 pounds of food each month to those in need in our community.
The ACTS Food Pantry aims to provide its clients with nutritious foods. To help us do so, please keep these tips in mind when selecting items to donate
- Limit foods high in fat and sugar. Consider donating foods high in fiber and low in added sugars (i.e fruit packed in 100 % juice rather than syrup, cereal with less than 6 g of sugar)
- Packaged foods are often high in sodium. Look for foods labeled “low sodium,” “reduced sodium” or “no added salt”
- Whole grains - Look for brown rice and other whole-grain products. By consuming whole-grain foods, families get more fiber and vitamins with each bite.
Donations can be made at 3901 ACTS Lane in Dumfries. Please bring all donations to the door next to the garage door of the Family Services Building on the right hand side of ACTS Lane. We accept refrigerated and frozen items, produce, dairy, and non-perishables.
Items We Urgently Need
Canned and Dried Food
- Breakfast items cereal, oatmeal, grits, etc.
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Canned or dry beans
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken)
- Whole-grain pasta
- Canned tomato sauce
- Brown Rice
- Cooking oil
- Canned soup
- Pull-ups and diapers size 5/6
- Toilet Paper
- Laundry Soap
- Dish Soap
- Feminine Hygiene Products
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”