These are given to clients when we do not physically have what they need. We also use them to shop for basic items not frequently donated.
(Gift cards should be purchased in $10.00 and $20.00 denominations with the specific amount noted on each card.)
- Every day items: Walmart, Target
- Drug Stores: Riteaid, CVS, Walgreens
- Grocery Stores: Shoppers Food Warehouse, Food Lion, Giant, Safeway, Wegmans
- Gasoline: Wawa, Exxon, Sunoco, 7-11
Please place all gift cards in an envelope and give them directly to the administrative coordinator at the administrative office located at 3900 Acts Lane in Dumfries, VA, 22026.
Many of our clients rely on public transportation. Whether it is to go to the store, a doctor's appointment, or job interview, or to work, bus tokens are a critical life line. Cabs are expensive, and we cannot drive them everywhere they need to go. All ACTS facilities are within easy walking distance of PRTC bus stops, so bus tokens are easy to use.
ACTS Essentials Kits:
Important Packing Instructions:
All items included in kits must be new, unused items. All Essentials Kits are carefully planned to make them useful to the greatest number of people in the greatest number of situations. Please do not include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits.
Imagine arriving at a shelter with nothing but the clothes on your back. These items restore dignity and provide a few comforts of home.
(All items in kit must be new; all toiletry items must be full size, not travel size)
- 1 shower caddy
- 1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket -sized)
- 1 brush
- 1 full size bottle of shampoo & conditioner
- 1 stick/container of deodorant
- 1 metal nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
- 1 bath-sized bar of soap (3 oz. and up)
- 1 tube of tooth paste
- 1 toothbrush (single brushes only in original wrapper, no child-size brushes)
- 6 adhesive plastic strip Band-Aids
- 1 bath towel
Place all smaller, loose items inside of a shower caddy, and then place all items inside the Bath Towel and secure with string. All Health/Toiletry Kits can be given to a food pantry associate at their location at 3901 Acts Lane, Dumfries, VA 22026.
Basic Food Pantry Bag:
Senior citizens, children and the disabled are those who most frequently experience food insufficiency. Your gift of food ensures that our most vulnerable neighbors don’t go hungry.
(All items must be new and non-perishable, no glass containers please.)
- 3 cans of vegetables (variety) 14.5 oz
- 2 can of fruit (variety) 15 oz
- 2 cans of soup (variety) 15.5 oz
- 1 can of tuna 5 oz
- 1 box pasta 16 oz
- 2 boxes macaroni and cheese 7.25 oz
- 2 cans of beans (variety) 15.5 oz
- 1 box/bag rice 14 oz bag / 16 oz bag
- 1 jar pasta sauce 15 oz
Place all items in a brown paper grocery bag. All Food Pantry Bags can be given to a food pantry associate at their location at 3901 Acts Lane, Dumfries, VA 22026.
Put a smile on a child’s face when she returns to an ACTS shelter after school and finds a snack bag waiting for her.
- Juice box or pouch
- Single serving bag of pretzels or popcorn
- Single serving of fruit snacks or fruit roll-up
- Granola bar (avoid peanut/peanut butter bars)
To create the snack bag, place one of each of these items in a brown paper lunch bag that may be decorated if you choose. This is an ideal service project for children to work on! All Snack Bags can be given to a food pantry associate at their location at 3901 Acts Lane, Dumfries, VA 22026.
Welcome Home Kit:
ACTS works with clients to assist them in overcoming barriers and achieving self-sufficiency, which for some includes obtaining affordable housing. Help us welcome them into their new home by providing them this kit. “There’s no place like home!”
(All items must be new)
- 1 Laundry Basket
- 1 9 inch skillet
- 1 iron
- 1 toaster oven or crock pot
- 1 shower curtain
- 1 bath mat
- 1 container of laundry detergent
- 1 bottle of all purpose cleaner
- 3 rolls of paper towels
- 3 rolls of toilet paper
- 2 hand soap pumps
- 1 roll of kitchen trash bags
Place all items in a laundry basket. All Welcome Home Kits can be given to a shelter associate at their location at 17866 Main Street in Dumfries, VA 22026.
Shelter Operations Kit:
Help keep our shelters well stocked, so that residents have what they need to get back on their feet in a safe environment. You help us meet their immediate needs, so that they can focus on regaining hope for their future successes.
(All items must be new)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Paper plates
- Letter size printer paper
- Air freshener
- All purpose cleaner
- Zip lock bags
- Large trash bags
- Disinfectant wipes
- Hand soap
- Hand sanitizer
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic Wrap
Place all items in bags/boxes. All Shelter Operations Kits can be given to a shelter associate at their location at 17866 Main Street in Dumfries, VA 22026.