ACTS offers EnergyShare program throughout Prince William County. EnergyShare is a year-round assistance program (heating and cooling) that helps customers with energy bill payment.
- Heating Season—October 1-May 31
- Cooling Season—June 1-September 30
EnergyShare provides assistance to customers in two different ways:
Bill Payment Assistance
EnergyShare is a crisis program of last resort that helps pay energy bills for any type of heating and cooling source (wood, oil, natural gas, propane, and kerosene, electric) for those who qualify. EnergyShare is not income based so any customer in crisis is eligible to apply.
Individuals 60 and older may be eligible for additional assistance.
Customers who receive EnergyShare bill payment assistance are eligible to receive a free home energy assessment and the installation of free energy efficiency upgrades to help save on their energy costs. Upgrades may include:
- LED lighting
- Low-flow shower heads
- Faucet aerators
- Attic/floor insulation
- Hot water pipe wrap insulation
- Hot water heater tank wrap
- Heat pump tune-up
- A/C tune-up
- Air and duct sealing
- ENERGY STAR refrigerator replacement
- High efficiency central furnace fan motor replacement
To book an appointment,
- Select an available (green) or partially available (orange) day from the calendar below,
- Select a time slot that is green.
- Hit the green button to access the Appointment Form
- Enter the required information and submit
- You can save time by uploading a picture of the required documents when you book the appointment.
Please note: Requesting an appointment does not ensure that you will receive full or partial payment assistance for your utility.